Blogging is a wonderful way to express yourself, send out news, keep an online diary, share with friends and family and even earn. But how does one start blogging?
It is easy to blog. Let me show you the simplest way.
1. First create an email account with gmail (if you already have one, then use it to create your first blog). Lets just assume that it is email@example.com.
2. Now go to http://www.blogger.com/
3. Here click on the button 'Create a blog'
4. You reach a web page where there will be a form that you have to fill. You will need to fill in your email id (firstname.lastname@example.org), a password for your new blog (this will be used to enter your blog and start writing blog posts), a display name (this is the name that will be associated with your new blog) and you will need to fill in a word for verifying that you are human and not a automated computer filling the form (this is called word verification).
5. When you click on the 'Continue' button, you will go to a page where you will need to fill in some more details.
6. You will have to fill in a name for your blog. Don't worry if the name is already taken, just keep ing it a little and you will soon find that you have hit upon a unique name.
7. Click on the 'Continue' button.
8. You have now created your blog, and are ready to write your first post.
9. In the blog title give a heading ot your post (say 'My first blog post'), and in the bigger box write the text for it.
10 Click ont he button 'Publish Post' and your blogging has begun.
Now when someone types in the url of your blog, they will see your post. If you want to add another post, you just need to go to http://www.blogger.com/, and using your email username and password you can enter you blog area, where you can make as many new posts as you want.
So happy blogging, and stay tuned for more on different options to start blogging!!
Do write your queries, views and comments, so I can answer them in the next post.